Sunday, July 29, 2007

Missioary Trip-EVE

The bags are all packed away. My tickets and passport are in a safe spot. All my family is sleeping. And me? Well i'm up and writing! I couldn't sleep because of so many reasons. I'm quite happy to be embarking on this adventure of a lifetime. Today was actually a wonderful day. My church family had an amazing dedication service as well as a luncheon. Plus the message by my pastor (Pr. Glenn) went SOO well with our (Myself and Ashlee...going to Pohnpei) departure. I then came home afterwards and finished my packing. My family later came over and I was able to spend some quality time with them. They all spend the night here and are waking up in about 45 minutes to see me off at the airport. I honestly don't know where I'd be without them. I love them so much and they are going to be the hardest part of leaving. However, I'm signed up for this mission and believe that the Lord has a plan for my life. I feel honored to be chosen by Him to serve and "help" him.
Many may ask how i'm feeling right now. The truth is, although I've thought about it, it really hasn't hit me fully. More experienced SM's have told me that it will hit me on the plane, while others say it will hit me while in Hawaii. I'm not sure when it will, but i do know these things: 1) I will miss my family and friends INCREDIBLY!!! 2) I don't know what I'm going to encounter in the next year. 3) I am though, certain of one thing, GOD IS WITH ME!!! He's guiding me and I can't wait to embark on this mission...just God and me!!! Please keep me in your prayers and i will keep you updated on this blog!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

1 comment:

laSonya said...

Hey! I understand about "when it will hit" I leave in a week and it hasn't hit me yet. Shoot, not sure if it'll hit me before my gagillion hour trip or after. And I've been out before.
I'm gonna put a link up to your blog on my blog, this way we can check each others blog out :o)