Friday, November 23, 2007

Tooth Wisdom

Yesterday, I went to the Dentist to get my wisdom teeth extracted. After Dr. Pierson explained what the procedure would consist of, I laid in the seat filled with anxiety. My wisdom teeth had been bugging me for a while. Then, when i finally had made the decision to get them extracted, I didn't have the money for it. G-d provided and it was D-Day! They gave me these cool "futuristic" glasses where i could watch a movie while they did the procedure. I apparently was the first patient to try it. YAY ME! lol =) Well, the first shot of anesthesia went in and it hurt a little. Felt more like someone was putting a rod in my gums that just didn't fit. Of course that description sounds so much worse, but that's what i imagined. After all my gums were injected, i sat there for a while, trying to control my tongue which felt bigger than my mouth. By the time i was all numbed up, i felt like Will Smith in the movie "Hitch". Thankfully, i looked pretty normal. Then he started with the first tooth. I mentally prepared myself...but before i could even think of the word "ouch:", the tooth was out. I was pleased...but it was only 1/4 of the way. Then came the second one. I felt some pain...and it got worse. Then Dr. Pierson noticed and asked me if it was hurting. I said yes. He then put some more anesthesia. He let it kick in and then when he came back, he said something that stuck in my head for a while. "You don't have to be a hero, let me know if it hurts, that's what the anesthesia is here for". You may think that this is pretty normal to hear, but immediately, all i could think about was G-d. So many times he tells us the same thing "You don't have to be a hero, give me your load, that's what I'm here for! The Lord has many ways of speaking to us, yes, even in the middle of an extraction, while sitting in the dentist's chair. I'm glad the Lord spoke to me that day. I know he speaks to us at all times, we just got to listen.

Well, here are some words from the "less-wiser"! =) lol

Love you all!
G-d's Island Girl

My four wisdom teeth. The one on the right (the painful one) has some bone attached.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Great insight, Vero!

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

Good job Vero! You did great! A super patient! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Dr.Pierson is AWESOME at wisdom tooth extractions! He did all 4 of mine n i had no pain.